A Policy of Giving Back
At Armed Forces Insurance, we are passionate about supporting the military. We take providing personal service and competitive rates to those who serve and their families very seriously. But our commitment does not end there. We also feel that we have an additional obligation to give back to the military and local communities that support us. Below are some of the programs that we sponsor. Because to us it's not just a policy, it's a policy of giving back.
Armed Forces Bowl - Great American Patriot Award
As the official insurance sponsor of the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl, AFI was proud to present the 2011 Great American Patriot Award to Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta, United States Army. According to Colonel Tom Dials, Staff Sergeant Giunta is a soldier "who, like our many AFI members, has dedicated himself to serving our country."
Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
Dedicated to assisting America's disabled veterans and their families.
Hire Heroes USA
Training and career services to help transitioning service members find employment.
Military Child Education Coalition
Helping families, schools, and communities support military-connected children.
Military Spouse of the Year
AFI is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the Military Spouse of the Year (MSOY) award. The award is presented each year to the person who best represents the sacrifice, patriotism and selflessness of more than 20 million past and present military spouses. In 2012, the award went to Jeremy Hilton, husband of Air Force Lt. Col. Renae Hilton. The 2013 winner will be selected from among the six branch winners and announced at the sixth annual MSOY Awards Ceremony. Go to http://msoy.militaryspouse.com/ to see the branch winners.
AFI was a sponsor of Sky Ball IX, a fundraising event established by the nonprofit Fort Worth Airpower Foundation. In four years, Sky Ball has helped the Foundation give more than $1.5 million to programs that directly support members of all military branches and their families, such as contingency funds at the Naval Air Station, Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base and other programs. Sky Ball contributions have also helped fund:
- Heroes on the Water - Healing veterans through fellowship and fishing
- Freedom Flight - Taking heroes of the Greatest Generation, our WWII Veterans, to visit their Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Wounded Warriors Veteran's Day Weekend in Las Vegas
- Snowball Express - Helping children of fallen military personnel heal and make new memories
- Gary Sinise Foundation - Serving the Nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need
- Plus many of the other programs and causes that directly and solely support of veterans, military members, Wounded Warriors and military families - we're proud to help
AFI employees helped raise more than $375,000 for the 2011-2012 United Way of Leavenworth County. These funds support over twenty agencies delivering services to children, families, seniors and veterans in our community.